Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time's a Wastin'

How extraoridinary my life is.

The older I get the shorter the days become. Just the other day with my husband I was sitting down, like us old folks do, chatting at the end of the day, like most married couples do, and relayed to him my 6 hours of sleep that led to my 6 hour day. I was asking when did the days cut in half? I don't remember any notes or memos or passed laws of any such thing so what happened?

Well I'll tell ya. What happened, and this is my perspective not yours, the universe in all it's hilarity has simply decided to trick me. That's right trick me. Like it's playing some kind of inside joke on me has literally shortened the hours in a day to 12 hours so that I would feel like I wasn't wasting any time. So that I would feel like I've had sufficient sleep every night. So that I would acknowledge that jeepers raising 3 kids, preparing meals, picking up kids from volleyball, doing errands, cleaning house and doing laundry would be a lot easier if I fit them into 6 hours instead of 16.

I hear ya universe. You have a point. If I can fit all of that into a 6 hour day imagine what I could with 24! Sick sick joke is what that is. Sick and wrong.

Yesterday, to my embarrassment, I burst into tears for some unknown reason. There it was started crying still not exactly sure why but I think it's because I'm tired. New mothers remember when you wake up every 2 hours for months on end and feel so desperate for some sleep that you just plain have to cry to survive? Teethers put you on the same roller coaster. But I don't mind because the universe likes to play tricks on me and sometimes it will do a repetitive loop. Ha. Ha.

To my delight, my husband let me be to work it out. You know how husbands can be, men in general. Always looking for solutions and wanting to fix something. Sometimes though, my gentlemen friends, we simply need to give ourselves a moment to feel. If we bury those feelings they grow and we resent you later. So trust me when I say letting us "cry it out"? Very good idea. My hubby is good people he's learned to let me deal and then hug me when I reach for him. Best thing he could ever do for me or I'll never learn to deal will I?

To my great joy, I have discovered something completely wonderful. My almost one year old's personality is growing and changing. She now repeats and copies everything I do. And not just me. Her older brother and sister too. Now I get a chance to catch them in the act muahahahaha. She's almost like a little tattle tale and doesn't even know it yet. It's quite a blessing really that she is the age she is when they are the age they are. When my two oldest are sufficiently set in their teenage years she'll be the innocent 4 year old that tells her mom and dad EVERYTHING! Now you're talking Universe! This I can get on board with.

Now that we have that all settled....about the hours in a day......

No comments:

Post a Comment