Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The other day

The other day I was thinking to myself wow I used to be in a lot of sports. I mean A LOT OF SPORTS! I think I've tried just about every sport there is to try with the exception of "professional wrestling" which we all know is like watching our kids fight over the tv remote. I remember loving soccer played it for years and to be honest I felt I had the perfect body when I played that game nothing jiggled I could run the whole game without wheezing or my legs screaming for an axe. I also loved volleyball with the acception of the 'holier than thou' coach I had it was a lot of fun hard on the knees not sure I'd do it now other than to spike the ball at people like Mel Gibson or my ex. There was basketball which I was pretty good at and enjoyed until again an unfortunate coach whose mouth got her thrown out of games all the time so we were left to 'coach' ourselves aka boss each other around and get in cat fights while still trying to win the game. That must have been fun for the refs huh. But lately I feel to tired and too blah to get the energy to do all of those things anymore. But I do love tennis, my knee and shoulders don't they squeak and crack every chance they get. But the thought of having more control over that tennis ball than my opponents can be a lot of fun. "Run hubby run why are you slowing down?" Says the chubby girl with the squeaky knee and pint of sweat on her face to the tall, handsome, skinny man who only breaks a sweat if it's hot enough.
Maybe I'll take up skydiving. I hear it makes you feel lighter when you're flying though the air like a marshmallow in a gust of wind.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I'm the first one to comment on your blog. Looks good Shawna. Here's a link to one I do to stave off impending insanity: http://jeffoneonone.wordpress.com. Take care,

    Jeffy

    ReplyDelete