Thursday, June 11, 2015

What a Day I'm Having!!

If I would have known what kind of day was coming I think I would have begged for the miracle of time travel to a time where I could get that confidence boost from previous triumph or good day to help carry me through this one. I feel like Alexander and have joined him in a terrible horrible no good very bad day.

I woke up way too early this morning for a summer vacation ( 5:30) and finally rolled out of bed around 6.  Aunt Rose is visiting and she brings with her the tightening and cramping of what feels to be all my innards in a boxing match.  Have to take my  hypothyroid med before I can take any pain killers.  So annoyed.  I do my hair, brush my teeth, get dressed, and discover when I walk into the front room that the fallen paint water cup stain, an event that was wonderful in and of itself ( she says sarcastically) fell all over my white carpet and to my chagrin is still prominently black, well maybe a dark grey.  Resolve has failed me.

I have a family member this morning that woke up with a full emotional plate and seemed a bit down.  I hugged and asked if there was anything I can do with a no response. ( frustrating)  I smile and listen as they speak somewhat about what's bothering them and then ask again if there's anything I can do to help.  This time the answer is, "No I'm fine." ( stare here )

I go to do some banking and due to a viral event last week with our computer have changed all of our passwords.  Makes banking interesting.  I wrote everything down so I wouldn't mess anything up or forget to discover that apparently some of the financial institutions I work with don't like my new passwords and I have been locked out of at least 3 of them this morning.  That's awesome.

Have already dropped off and picked up our oldest daughter from basketball practice.  She pushed herself too hard and became extremely dizzy and nauseated.  Having our background with seizures I of course try not to panic and pray that there will be no event before or after picking her up as she and our son are headed to a youth dance tonight and then out of town on a youth trip.  My calm attitude about this event is now riddled with worry which hopefully subsides when I realize that she'll be with lots of adult leaders and friends, they both will, and if anything happens I'm not that far away.  Haven't quite realized it yet even though she seems fine and says she's fine.

I have yet to start our day of kindergarten because I'm struggling to keep the older kids motivated enough to prepare for their departure this weekend as well as inform our little one of all the reasons that she can't go with them.  Fun fun.  I would have looked at it as good the older kids are gone Mom and Dad are mine!  But she feels a bit left out.  When she starts getting all the attention this weekend and then her brother and sister return I assure you they will become an inconvenience for her.

I still have plenty of driving kids to and fro this afternoon and evening as well as tomorrow early morning ( I'll be up at 4am) and we will still be having Kindergarten today even though my kindergartner will be pouting the entire time 'cause she can't go.  Hmph!  At this point having finally had the chance to eat breakfast ( only took me 5 hours ) and taken my diabetic medication I can now soothe Aunt Rose's vice grip on my uterus long enough to make it to and fro with my kids.  Ahh life is great isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment