Saturday, May 19, 2012

Attack!

When we are being attacked by the adversary do we always recognize the attack?  In some cases it's blatantly clear that he has a hold on other people and in others you barely notice it was so subtle but it will add up over time and if you are truly in tune with the Spirit you will eventually notice it and be able to fight back or I hope you choose to fight back.  What the adversary really wants you to do is blow it off and say I'll worry about it later it's not that bad.  Yeah.  Not that bad YET.  But it will always eventually become a mountain before you suspect and by the time you finally decided to deal with it after procrastinating for so long you will find yourself inept for the job whereas if you had not dismissed it the first time and handled it you would have had more than enough strength to deal with it permanently on your own.

My family and I had a blatant attack yesterday by a neighbor who thought that my daughter had broken into her home and stolen an object from her daughter.  She really should have sat down and spoken with her daughter first because that wasn't what happened at all and her daughter said so through her mother screaming at her on our front porch.  My daughter and her daughter are friends because they choose to be and having this mother ignore that is heartbreaking.  I felt terribly embarrassed for this girl she deserves a lot better.  This woman continued screaming and passing judgments not only at my daughter but me and her daughter as well and I thought she's just trying to get a rise out of you.  I barely remember half the things she said as most people especially adults do, I tuned someone yelling at me over something silly out of my head.  I finally though had to raise my voice just for her to be able to hear anyone but herself, which I hated doing, and told her to get off of my property she was now trespassing as of this minute and not welcome here again.  Words came out of my mouth so fast I'm still not sure if they were my own lol it surprised me.  Her reply was simple, "I'm calling the police."  Didn't bother me call away the only one in the wrong according to ev1 but her, was her.  I do remember begging her to stop yelling for the sake of her and her daughter telling her she was embarrassing herself please just go home.  I repeated it about 3 times but she refused to listen and kept yelling and complaining.

Quite honestly?  In my entire life I have never met anyone so easily angered and forcefully controlling as her in my lifetime but I didn't back down and I never will.  She did call the police, three showed up at her house two stayed behind to keep her calm and at her own residence while the third came to talk to me and my daughter.  He looked warn out and I felt bad for him I even found myself apologizing on her behalf to him at least twice no one should have to endure such a monstrosity, not the woman the situation.  She did in fact say some things that were not entirely true to him but they were about me so I just let some of it go this time I'm sure they take it with a grain of salt.  But concerning my daughter in this matter I wanted to be clear what actually happened.  Unfortunately, this officer looking so tired with all of this already, almost dismissed me when I asked him if she told him the truth of the situation and I just wanted to make sure that he knew it.  I asked twice and he finally let me tell him the logistics of what happened, the facts.  That's really what I was interested in the emotion can take a back seat yes she screamed at ev1 in front of the whole neighborhood but to be honest I felt so sorry for her and especially her daughter that I didn't really care about that aspect towards us.  She can say what she wants about me it's sad to me she'll never know who I am or be a good neighbor of mine.  But my daughter is where I draw the line they are friends and happy and that's good enough for me.

That was blatant, easy to deal with cause it's right in front of my face.  Believe it or not I respect this woman for walking her daughter to my house to yell at us in person.  What I can't stand is cowards who yell about me or my family behind our backs in situations where we have no chance to defend ourselves.  Once again I'm only interested in the facts.  When these events and stories get back to me and my husband we are always surprised to hear it and even more surprised that in some cases these individuals who felt it their personal duty to let us know what was being said as a 'favor' to us also protect the very individuals that lied to them for our sake.  To me, that's an accomplice.  You are simply accepting the same fate they will have to accept eventually and no good can come from it.  That's the part where it's subtle right there in the in between.  It will add up on you and you have the strength now to handle it on your own not only do you confront the horses mouth but you should pray for help to come to your OWN conclusions on the matter and make sure that the party you've heard this rumor from knows that you told the individuals that they were speaking about.  Of course this is just a basic example could be anything. Be of good courage.  Of course with gossip my philsophy has always been change the subject interrupt them and move on.

The adversary just loves 'hiding in the bushes' waiting to attack.  He will walk beside you on your path of life just an inch off the road and hidden from sight.  The second that you let your guard down or don't take care of the little things that you should he knows he's got you.  Before you know it he has lunged at your throat and under his control.  Even if it's only for a split second.  The wound created will take much longer to heal than had you simply handled the situations prior to the attack.  The road back is always harder than the fall.  Please don't look back.  Never.  Forgiveness is always in front of you.  Forgive quickly and easily for a happy and fulfilling life.  Don't take on others burdens out of fear for so long and then let that fear build into this massive wound that you feel you may never recover.  Forgiving someone 20 years down the road after holding a grudge or anger and resentment will only hurt you.  Not them.  You.

As soon as the police left our home we knelt in prayer, asking the Spirit to dwell in our home in peace and comfort that all who enter will feel the Saviors love for them.  We prayed for this woman's heart to be softened not only to us but to her family that she would be quick to forgive and let it go, that she will be able to find her own happiness in a manner that Heavenly Father sees fit for her.  I sincerely hope that their family is blessed and become happy and free.  I sincerely hope that your families are blessed in all that you do as well, that you will also obtain happiness and closeness with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Americans are annoying - move back to Canada.

    I know - any excuse I can get:).

    ReplyDelete