Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In Dark I am Free.....Weird right?

You know how they have those restaurants that are pitch black?  Can't see a thing, supposed to be an 'enlightening' experience?  I'm just wondering, are people braver in the dark.  Forced to lean on personality instead of looks.  More willing to listen to what's going on around them.  Forced to actually pay attention to what the other people are saying.  Does it make you more attentive?  I think it might.

I've been wondering lately because I love to dance.  I have been in dance classes since 4 or 5 started with ballet and moved to tap and jazz.  Eventually it was hip hop but I wasn't one of the people that had to take a class I was one of the people that was self taught and came up with my own stuff.  Still do but only when no one is looking lol.  I know that sounds bad but when other people ask you to teach it to them you know you did something good.  So the part I've been wondering about is, if I were to be placed into a dark room where you couldn't see much of anything except maybe the mirrors, would I be more comfortable dancing the way I love to?  Oh sure I dance with my family we have "dances" all the time in our living room.  In fact Catie grew up that way which is why we believe that she's going to be a little like her mother and taking dance classes.

Perhaps I would lose my fear of anyone watching me, which I had even performing as a kid and teenager, and possibly find my happiness.  My happiness, my true happiness has always been singing and dancing.  Always.  It is indescribable how it makes me glow inside out.  I feel like I could fly.  Maybe after I work on that dark room to dance my petuty off I'll find a "quiet" room where I can sing my lungs out without being judged or criticized.  I would rather sit and be silent than have to endure all that mess.  I realize that especially as a kid it's jealousy.  People always tend to make fun of the best of you instead of taking a second to allow themselves to admire it.  It happens.  Hopefully we will all grow up someday and I'll be free and happy as I have always dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment