Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mothers

I grew up in the best way.  Surrounded by babies!  My mother used to run a day home and I remember until at least kindergarten there were babies and toddlers and little kids everywhere.  I loved being my mom's big girl and helping her feed them and change them, even the poop lol.  Was like playing 'dolly' with other people's kids.  She's a great and patient mother.

Then came, the Cabbage Patch Kids!  She started making clothes for them since they were sooooo popular just to make some extra money and keep her busy.  I always thought they were the best and my mom was too!  She spent hours in that sewing room making new things for us and for others made me want to learn and be like her too.  She was great at sewing as was her mother and helped me learn to as well although I'll probably never be as good as she is.

She loved that little white, used to be an old blue rocking chair, in the corner of the living room.  She'd sit there for hours some days reading always made me feel safe and happy that she did that.  You know those moments that make you feel secure, those memories that make you smile this one is one of my biggest.  I always asked her a million questions in the sewing room and in her reading chair those are the two places I remember learning from her most.  You probably didn't remember that did you mom lol.  You are a great teacher.

My mother is a fantastic cook!  She's even been published in cooking magazines, won competitions for recipes and received what I think are cool prizes.  She gets that from her mother.  My grandmother had tons and tons of recipe cards filled with old school recipes and new school as she went along in life and now my mother does too.  Watching her in the kitchen helped me as a mother myself to create recipes all the time and hardly ever follow recipes anymore I just cook what I know, I do use recipes if it's a new technique though I'm extremely hard on myself if I burn anything trying to live up to me mum there.  She used to make homemade pizza alot on the nights that our dad had to work late total yum.  I miss her baking the most though.  She can make anything.  Best chef I know.

She's always had a friendly disposition, even though my brother and I got "the look" a time or two and boy let me tell you she has it down!  But I remember her more for her kindnesses and reassuring nature.  She loves to laugh and enjoy life and so do I.  Life's too short to worry all the time, yes mom I know you still worry but you were really good at hiding it I give you a gold star!  She made me optimistic at life and I get my creative inventive nature from her.  And my smarts, she's a very smart woman can catch onto anything quickly and learns fast, I get that from her too can't take the credit, don't worry dad your day is coming next month no comparisons lol.

I remember praying alot in my life to be more like my mother.  I still look up to her and how I was raised in her home a great deal.  I will always be trying to catch up to her and be more like her my whole life but she's a pretty awesome person to wanna grow up to be someday.

Happy Mother's Day Mom I love you and thankyou.


No comments:

Post a Comment