Monday, December 3, 2012

Jogging....sort of

So I jog/walked a couple of times on my treadmill before Thanksgiving until one of my shoes went missing.  Just like Daddy's keys and Big Sister's mp3 player.  I swear our 2 year old has a hoard somewhere we just have to figure out where.  We found a chocolate hoard that she had of her Halloween candy and other chocolate in the fold up mattress in the hall closet upstairs.  Oh yeah she opens doors with ease now and that closet door doesn't shut all the way it's broken, thus the easy access.

On Black Friday I found a good deal on some New Balance shoes that I really liked and feel oh so comfortable so since then I have taken up jog/walking again.  Now you'd think I'd be sore, or even complain saying, 'How'd I get so old?!' but I'm not.  I actually feel invigorated and more motivated to continue.  I loved to run in High School, I love doing it now, maybe even more so.  I just needed to find that window of opportunity to have time to do it!  Took forever to find the time!

About a month ago I started paying attention to two things.  One, when I had the most energy or was the most bored.  Two, when there might be a window where baby girl is napping and the kids are here to help me out.  Last week I found my window.  About 3pm I get this boost and from what I hear that's the opposite of most people who crash around then.  Because I'm up so early in the morning my crash is more around noon-1pm.  My son gets home from school before 4pm and most days that's when baby is down for her nap.

It's totally paying off for me.  I just love jogging even though I want to take it slow, thinking oh this is going to hurt, but it doesn't.  Still really enjoying it and making sure I listen to my body when it says 'ok out of breath walk for a bit please I cannot believe you're making me do this all over again'.  I have such a specific goal in mind and if it takes the rest of my life to get there, that's ok with me.

In the meantime, GET OFF THE COUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment