Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring

I dream of living on the side of a mountain, cool and clear streams gurgling through the land.  Fresh grasses and wild flowers and bushes decorating the side of the mountain with color and sweet fragrance.  Feeling hidden in the trees, safe and comforted in their tall slender shadows and strength.  The smell of old wood from a neighboring fence or barn.  The soft grass under my feet like a welcoming carpet.

I dream of riding atop a horse enjoying warm summer air with their hair tickling my face in the cooling breeze.  Feeling the slow and steady movement of freedom.  Lazily enjoying the sun on my face and the soft rolling clouds in the sky changing shape with each passing moment.  Hearing birds singing their sweet harmonies of joy as we ride through the countryside listening to the mountains whispers.

I dream of laying on top of a big pile of hay, the straw itchin' up my back and teasing my nose.  Birds flying overhead with curiosity and wonder.  Watching a storm roll in the smell of rain on the wind.  Feeling the fat drops as they fall on my tongue and fingertips cleansing me, bringing me back to life.  My hair sticking to my face like honey, creating small streams of cold wet rain water.  Seeing a rainbow in the distance beyond the mountain with sunbeams promising their return.

I love the springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment