Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Venting Does a Body Good

Yesterday I had the opportunity to vent alone and with friends both equally needed and important to destress.  After writing about my wonderful ( yeah right) Monday that felt as if I'd walked onto a television set in the middle of filming, I dropped my youngest off at her preschool , came home, and screamed!  Man alive that felt good! It sure made it easier to breathe.  Then I proceeded to work on the house a bit with chores, especially laundry I steal my toddlers 'blankie" when she's at preschool every week and wash it hehe.
Then I wandered off to the grocery store and felt a lot more relaxed I noticed as I was putting the groceries away.  I even had that moment some of us rarely get where it's peaceful, everything is in order, and took a deep cleansing breath.  I smiled the rest of the way home watching all the beautiful colored leaves floating off the trees in a breeze.

Short lived but still worth it.  When I went to pick up my daughter from preschool the first thing she did after smiling and waving to her teacher, as soon as the door was shut, she said where's my blankie Mom?  Mom of course had only remembered to put it in the dryer a few minutes before leaving to pick her up hoping it would be dry by the time we got home.  So I told her I washed it.  I bet all of St Louis could hear that girl scream.  I tried to explain that it was dirty and now it would smell good and be clean and hopefully dry when we got home.  Didn't care, so much yelling at me.  "I don't want it clean I want it here!"  Goooood grief.  She still yelled at me when I handed it to her and smelled good and was all nice and warm out of the dryer.  Walked up the stairs sat in the rocking chair and staring at me said, I'm hungry Mom.  Payback much?  She wouldn't accept anything I offered, Mac n Cheese, sandwich, chicken nuggets, yogurt, apple, nothing.  She did eventually eat some Ramen noodles but have mercy all over cleaning her blankie.

My husband came home early from work being that he's still not feeling all that well and I took off and went out to lunch with some friends of mine knowing a nice vent session, not just my venting misery love company right?, would be perfect.  I sure enjoyed a break from kids and home and drama, mine anyway.  Was nice to hear other people's  for a change lol.  We were saying farewell to a special gal who was moving out of the area.  Sure was fun!  We'll miss her bunches!

I wish everyone a wonderful happy day despite any misfortunes you may be undertaking at the moment.  Find that one positive thing if you can find it and take that moment for your own peaceful breath and too short time of tranquility.  Orrrrr, go take a long luxurious bubble bath and read a magazine or book that takes you away from whatever ails ya.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment