Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yeah Alright I Guess So

Finally and for the first time in three years my husband gets up the nerve to ask his parents to take our kids so we can have a weekend break.  This wasn't without nudging, hinting, crying, pulling hair out, reminding, asking, nagging to get to this point.  My jaw dropped when while he was on the phone with his Mom he finally said the words.  It's pathetic and understandable to be this excited.  Pathetic because it took so long, I found out that hubby was actually scared to ask his parents for help which still has me baffled and wondering if he knows them.  Weekend with grandkids?  All the cool personalities and funny things they say?  Golden!
Understandable because it's been three years since we've had time to ourselves longer than a couple of hours twice a month to go on a date.  Even then my phone's burned up with calls from the kids.  Makes it hard to relax.

Finally and for the first time in our marriage we bought new furniture.  We have been very blessed to have barely used furniture hand me downs from great friends and family.  But it was just time.  Needed a new bed for a couple years so it was just time to do both.  We went to Weekends Only with the intent of just looking and maybe buying.  My hubby tends to be on the cheap side of things, not practical side, cheap aka even if it's something we really need it has to be generic or cheaper.  I am of the opinion that yes it must be affordable but also I like good quality too.  Not everything cheap is worth getting because you'll find yourself right back where you started in no time making another purchase for the same thing.  Have to be a smart shopper not just cheap.

He finally decided on a reclining sofa, which is something we were looking for, that has a heated massage feature.  If you're female and reading this you understand that he was already sold on the price tag and the massage forget about the size, will it fit in our room, or the color, sage green which is not my cup of tea but it's tolerable at least it wasn't bright orange.  You also can't lay down on it at all because it has a console to hide your snacks and remotes and beverage holders.  Female readers are as of now sympathizing and totally understand how this happened.  I could have fought it and said no.  I suggested several others.  I didn't mind the way it felt it was comfortable and that's all that mattered to me in the end is that I would enjoy it too.  So he bought it.  They warned him then and there non refundable lol.  Hope it was a good choice.  He'll learn if it wasn't.

On the upside I also got a new mattress and boxspring.  I love Weekends Only staff.  They are very particular when you are picking a bed they want you not to just use your hand to push on it or to sit on it and flop a little bit.  They want you to lay down in your most common sleep position for a period of time and do that with several before making a decision.  To their credit, and this is weird to me but, not all businesses allow you to do that in fact there are some stores that tell you no shoes and don't lay on it.  How do you buy a mattress you've never laid on I ask you?  We chose one a little on the firm side, very comfortable, hardly notice when the other party moves on it and it was a good price.  Sold!  So yesterday we got 'our' reclining sofa and 'our' new bed.  Slept like a baby on that thing did not want to get up and drive our teenage daughter to Seminary.  I fought it all the way to  mins before we had to be there and then discovered, d'oh!, we're outta gas lol.

Three year old mostly potty trained, check.  She still asks for a diaper for number two and when I find her niche I'll be able to continue wait no convincing that the potty is better for both.  We used Reese's Peanut Butter cups to start the whole thing off.  She started trying to pee on the potty as often as possible at first thinking about how she got one every time she was successful and even tried to get some when she wasn't lol.  I have chocolate coins or 'chocolate money' as she puts it.  I might even have to add really money in there.  She keeps asking for $40 every time we go shopping ( keep in mind she's three and no concept of money yet lol) maybe I should tell her she can have it if she'll never use another diaper again ( except at bedtime I'm sparing the sheets).  Then she can buy panties with it.

Very excited to have new furniture, new bed, potty training kid, and weekend off.  It's a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment