Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nice to Know..

With everything that keeps going on in my kids lives it's hard to keep up. Who likes who, who's your friend and who's not, it's tiring. Also a bit worrysome at times. Which clique is picking on my kids and which clique are my kids in? Stuff like that. I usually just brush it off what else can I do right? But lately it seems to be in so much of the conversation at dinner, teenagers grow into it quickly don't they?

Yesterday I had the greatest thought though! Here are my kids and they are smart, respectful, we hear praises from the teachers at school all the time on how well mannered and helpful they are. They have their tiffs and don't always get along with each other but that comes with the territory of growing up in close proximity to each other would happen to anyone, we've all had a roommate or two in college that we just couldn't seem to get along with or like. It hit me. My epiphany. They're going to be okay.

A huge smile crossed my face, worries melted quickly and for once it was nice to see the product of years of teaching, diaper changes, feeding, driving, consoling, tickling and words of encouragement. They're going to be okay. They're going to mess up sure, but they have good heads on their shoulders and someday they'll find the spouse of their dreams and have a family of their own.

It sure makes me miss my Heavenly Father. The longer I'm here on the earth the more I learn and realize who He is. He's the most splendid individual I have ever had the honor in meeting or belonging to and I hope someday I see Him again on a much more equal level. Which of course means working my butt off in this life time but that's ok. For Him? Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment