Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Interesting Journey

The past couple of days I have been on an interesting journey of self discovery.  Not necessarily things I didn't know or comprehend before but a much deeper and richer understanding of them.  A larger appreciation for my life with every ounce of it included in it, as we all know we wouldn't be who we are today without the whole thing.  This 'self discovery' I speak of I didn't even seek to find.  It found me.

So many things burden me.  I don't like my daughter's high school coach having the gall to tell me to reschedule her dentist appointment because it doesn't suit her scheduling.  I don't like that my son has ADHD and for the last 2 months when we've left a message at the nurses desk for a refill and waiting 3 days like they've asked it's still not filled on time or sometimes at all.  I don't like worrying about this economy and how it will affect my husband's job or our lifestyle because there is out of control greed in government and the people are afraid to change what they know.  I don't like worrying over my 2 year old all day every day because she's a fearless child and thinks that she's invincible. ( I know I'm not alone there at all lol )

I don't like being far away from my family and my friends.  My heart is split in two as a result.  I don't like it when people who know me from a hallway or a rumor assume and presume to judge and criticize me. ( Boy are they in for a rude awakening )  I don't like it when I try hard to be friendly and make friends but am ignored with no purpose other than they don't know how to relate to me.  ( talking to me is the only way to fix that ) I don't like it when people disagree with you they automatically assume that disagreements= rude behavior simply because your opinion is not their own.  I am not rude for stating my own opinions based on my own knowledge and personal experience.  If you disagree with me it's simply that.

That's the stuff on a daily basis that I listen to, deal with, hear about, endure.  I have looked at things lately though more like a spreadsheet.  The truth is perception is in the eyes of the beholder.  How you act and react, think and process, relate to or choose things is unique.  Individual.  Even if the circumstances are similar and you look at your friend in the same situation and are dumbfounded by their choices because you would never make them, don't.  They aren't you never will be never can be you are unique.  And so are they.

Without being able to see and think and process a person's entire life's worth of data you cannot judge them.  Quite honestly I've come to the conclusion that you probably wouldn't either.  You would find compassion and understanding more quickly.  Have a more genuine concern and love for them.  You would be less likely to worry over every little thing realizing that everything was never in your hands to begin with.  Your hands only carry you and everything you do and say and act upon affects someone else.  I'm sure you yourselves have thought about this before or heard someone else mention it at some point.  But do you take it in?  Do you apply these things?  Smart individuals are smart because they not only study and truly absorb the material they apply it to work, daily life, or where it's relevant.  The more they do this the more they learn, grow and experience.  Then in turn they add to it and pass it on without restriction.

This life is but a moment in eternity.  A pindrop.  It won't matter how popular you were in high school or college.  It won't matter if you were the highest paid executive or won a best actress oscar.  It won't matter if you were skinny or fat, tall or short, hairy or bald.  It's what you did with it that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment